Saturday, February 09, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
What is the most 'random' memory you have from your childhood? I know it's not knitting content, but I love learning about the little quirks and interesting things about people!
I guess it would be that when I was about 3-4 years old my mom left me with my dad while she went somewhere. When she came back my dad had me up on the roof while he did some repairs. My mom about had a heart attack when she seen me but my dad was very sure that I wasn't going to fall because he had nailed my dress to the roof. The only way that I was going any where was without my dress. LOL
Friday, January 18, 2008
"Now that we're in the thick of 'Winter'... has your knitting changed to match the season? Are you moving on from dishcloths, and tank tops to afghans, hats and mittens? Has your yarn changed from silk or cotton to wool, superwash or heavier cottons?"
My crocheting doesn't change year round I just crochet afghans when I'm at home. The afghans that I do are crochet in one piece and too big to carry with me. My husband keeps my house so cold that I have to do afghans to keep warm. LOL When I'm traveling anywhere I keep a tote bag with a small project to work on.
I live in Florida and we haven't really had a winter yet. It has been about 75 degrees most of the winter here.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
I wanted to post this picture and show everybody what I made. This is a Sterling silver bracelet and the five charms on the front is stitch markers for knitting or crocheting. The stitch markers can come off and be used were ever you find yourself at. You can also change the stitch markers out for your favorite ones if need be.
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Monday, January 07, 2008
1. Who's favorite animal is an Otter? Anne K
2. Name someone who prefers whipped cream with their hot cocoa
Lesley, Alex E
3. Find 3 people who live outside of the United States. Amanda R., Ana Sofia F., Angie H.
4. Name a fan of Harry Potter. Michelle
5. Name someone who crochets. Bea R.
6. Name someone who DOES NOT have a healthy supply of notions. Marie P.
7. Name someone who has NOT put up their questionnaire yet (just put a date with your answer in case they put it up after seeing their name listed somewhere ;-) )Martha H., Jan. 8
8. Who likes to have Kahlua, Baileys, or Peppermint Schnapps in their cocoa? Annemarie M
9. Name someone who knits fingerless gloves as a 'quick knit'. Kris L.
10.Name someone who's looking forward to gardening this spring. Alex E
11.Who's favorite way to drink cocoa is with a gorgeous Frenchman, while overlooking the eiffel tower from a French Cafe? (I'm right there with you... well at the table next to yours!) Kris L
12.Name someone who's favorite animal is NOT a dog or house cat. Amanda D.
13. Name someone who's favorite treat is NOT chocolate. Pattie R.
14. Who plays Candy land? Criquette
15. Name someone who DOESN'T get the winter blahs. Tricia R
Saturday, January 05, 2008
1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug?
I love the Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate mix, but I’m willing to try any kind of cocoa that is milk chocolate flavor.I would be willing to try new favors also. I love the extra big mugs.
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?
I like both.
1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors?
I love Red Heart in any tropical colors. Bright, Bright, Bright!!!! I also want to try some sock yarn and the needles that are needed to knit some socks. I love socks of all kinds. My floors at home are tile and very cold on my feet.
2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?
3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new?
My favorite needles are some 18 inch afghan hooks that I made myself. I make picture afghans with them. I would love to have the needles that are needed to make socks. I like to try new things.
4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?
5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)?
I always buy new needles, even though I have maybe a hundred ones already!! LOL
6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification)
I love to make these small six sided motif that looks like there is a flower in the middle and has white around it. But would try socks. Hint, Hint!!! LOL
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter?
Crochet Afghans with pictures on them.
2. What is your favorite animal?
My Black lab and my Guinea Pig.
3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'?
4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?
Go shopping or doing my Scrap booking.
5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring?
Starting back up my Childcare center. I love to teach the little ones they are so much fun.
6. What are your favorite treat?
Chocolate or Ice cream. I love them both!!
7. What is your favorite board game?
I like to play Sorry or card games.
8. Do you have any children (furry or human)?
I have two girls ages 21, 20 and a boy age 16. I l have two new grand babies ages 5 months and 4 months. My furry babies are as follows, 4 dogs a Black lab, Scrappy Doo, a basset hound, Sassy two pit bulls Spook and Brutus. I have a main coon cat Faletto. And a Guinea pig named Mo
9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about?